Respect for Pollcaster
Although we don’t expect Pollcaster to be as clean as your church newsletter, we do think there is a certain amount of respect needed for the craft of polling that would promote the right environment for people to feel safe and trust the experience. With Pollcaster we aim to promote human understanding and connection in a way never before possible. In short, be a good Poll creator and poll responsibly.
Where is the line?
In our terms of service we state a bunch of legal stuff that is absolutely not allowed. We also state that we can remove any content for any reason at any time. However, there is a grey area between allowed and not allowed. We wish to shed some light on the principles and ideas guiding our decisions on what is/isn’t healthy for the Pollcaster site.
- We’re not interested in promoting pornography or sexually explicit content. There are plenty of other sites on the web for this type of content.
- We don’t think people should hurt other people, animals, ideas, or things. Mean people, actually, do suck.
- We think people should obey the law. This includes everything promoting illegal drugs or under age drinking to copyright or trademark infringement.
- We love and promote the idea of free speech, even if it’s an unpopular point of view, but we don’t permit hate speech (demeaning to race, religion, disability, gender, age, sexuality, etc)
- We think you should be authentic and transparent on the web, therefore we don’t like spam, misleading content, or deception in any way. Bottom line, treat others as you want to be treated.
- We take the safety of others seriously and will not allow attempts that compromise the privacy and security of others.